After sharing a particular Pokemon Bedroom photo on instagram, it turns out I can actually produce something interesting once in a while. 😀 I’m not usually into pimping style ideas etc, and I’m definitely not good at writing for other people. Perhaps with the recently release of the VERY AWESOME GAME Pokémon GO, people are more interested than anticipated.
Sooooo…here it is, mostly complete: A Pokemon Bedroom, based on a Pokéball, for The Smalls.
It’s not a big bedroom at all, and there’s a ton of room for more ideas if you seriously wanted to go to town. But The Smalls aren’t into masses of overdone detail – they seem to love the simplicity of stuff. So, a room that made a point, but didn’t shove it in your face, seemed to go down well with them. I started it maybe a few months ago, and it’s actually been complete for some time. I just never got round to showing it to anyone. Oopsie!
Anyway! Here are the details (as best as I can remember them!):
- Paint – Homebase. The red paint had to be mixed specifically, because they (WEIRDLY) didn’t have any straight-up, unquestionable Pokéball red.
- Furniture – Ikea. Because who doesn’t love a Billy Bookcase.
- Pokémon vinyl sticker decals – Amazon (they have loads of different sizes, too).
- Pokéballs – Toys R Us, The Entertainer
- Crochet Pokéballs – I made them! Super easy. Shout if you want some vague kind of pattern (I don’t follow patterns I’m afraid).
- Pikachu – Build A Bear Workshop
I can’t remember how much it cost to decorate the room like this, but it certainly wasn’t a ton of money (because I don’t have a ton of money). But literally – red, white and black paint, various sized paintbrushes, some Frog Tape, a roll of black contact paper and a roll of white contact paper, and you’re good to go. Have fun! 🙂